November Prayer Letter

(With some classmates at Nhaya's Field trip for school.)


Thanksgiving celebration is definitely one of our favorites. We celebrated our last three Thanksgivings in the Philippines. No, we didn’t use chicken, we actually had turkey but it was warmer compare to here (we even used an electric fan to keep cool). We are excited this year to have it in the cooler US. It is amazing to notice that you can actually celebrate this event wherever you are in the world, turkey or not, as long as we focus our attention on the object of our celebration and that is God’s faithfulness to us.


(Dressing up for the Harvest Festival at our church.)
What are we thankful for?
Nhaya and Caleb are enjoying their studies, growing so fast. They are also having a great time getting connected at our church in Tucson. They are both in AWANA and are having a blast. Nhaya is involved in children’s choir too. She loves it. Josiah, well, he follows us around. We can understand almost everything he says. He will turn 2 years old next month. He is very funny boy.
Julie is busy taking care of us kids-haha, me included! She is involved in the MOPS ministry and is having fun with that. She has a heart for the mothers especially the new moms. I praise the Lord for my wife and her passion to serve the Lord and others. She is also the tech in the family. She has done a lot to help with media. I ( Gilmer) just use it, and people think I did it! So if you see any of our great media tools in our presentation that is all Julie right there. There is a reason why I don’t have a hammer close to the computer.
I am having a great time getting involved with the men’s ministries. I am also involved with the choir in our church. I know it is not a big deal but it is for me because it is my first time to be in a choir. Fun! I am also having a great time spending time with my family. I am working on getting my US citizenship. I am having fun studying the history of the United States of America. I just hope I can remember it all come time to take the test. I have an immigration appointment on Dec.15, 2009 (which is a praise that it went so fast and everything seems in order). I am getting nervous!
In the past few months we had been speaking at churches and youth groups about our ministry in the Philippines. We thank the Lord for the opportunity to talk about God’s faithfulness in the past. We also thank the Lord for the chance to tell people about what we feel God’s calling us to in the future. It’s exciting. Lord willing we will be back in the Philippines in June next year.

(Having some fun picking apples and pumpkins!!)
Praises
-For an awesome transition with our family. We are finally over the sickness too, praise God for health.
-Praise God, He provided us with vehicles, place to live and for our daily needs.
-Praise God for our family and for our friends.
-Thank God for our prayer and financial partners. We are currently 56% supported. Praise the Lord.
-Praise God for a speedy US citizenship process.
Prayer Needs.
-For our kids, that they will continue to enjoy their time here and that they will grow in loving the Lord.
-For Julie and I. Wisdom as we deal with our kids, that our kids will see our Love for God and our love for them.
-MOPS, for Julie to be very effective in ministering to the ladies, wisdom and strength as she deals with her husband and kids.
-Pray for the rest of our 44% support to be provided, new contacts, and those that might feel God wanting them to partner with us.
-Pray for my US Citizenship appointment this coming December 15, 2009. Pray for wisdom as I study for the test.
We hope that all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!!! Thanks for your prayers and support.

(Looking at the Mountains from our back porch.)
Blessings,
Gilmer and Julie Paden
Nhaya, Caleb, and Josiah too

Comments
Even though we see you a lot it is still good to hear the latest in your family and ministry here at your blog. How wonderful for you to be enjoying all of these special things as a family here in Tucson...new school, field trips, festivals, choir, AWANA, Bible study groups, and of course lots of family and friends. May God bless you with all of the support you need to raise in the coming months. Blessings, The Barents